Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bunny Banner Tutorial, By LRS Designer/Co-Owner, Sara Garza

I saw the cutest Peep Bunny Banner on Pinterest and fell in love with it and being a paper crafter at heart I knew I had to make one for myself using pattern paper.  Once you see Dana's peep banner you will know what I mean.  : )  Below are the instructions on how to make the banner I made.

Supplies Needed:
Bunny Pattern - See Link in Step 1
Pattern Paper
Ink
Letter Stickers
White Acrylic Paint
Ribbon or String
Embellishments such as Jute and Flowers



STEP 1:  Print the "Peep" Bunny Pattern onto cardstock and cut it out.  The "Peep" bunny pattern can be found online here:  http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-peeps-bunny-bunting-and-door-hangers.html .

STEP 2:  Pick out some of your favorite pattern papers and trace the bunny pattern on the backside of the papers (the side you don't want to show) and cut them out.  I traced and cut out seven bunnies.

STEP 3:  Ink the edges.


STEP 4:  Take a small paper punch and punch out two shapes for each bunny you cut out for your banner using the same pattern papers as the bunnies.  Adhere one punched out shape to the backside of each of the bunny’s ears as close to the tops of the ears as shown.  This will help reinforce the pattern paper when you hang your banner.  Note:   I used an XS heart shape paper punch because I couldn't find my circle punch, but I think a circle punch would probably work better when punching the holes in the ears.

STEP 5:  Punch holes at the top of each of the ears and decorate
 the front sides of the bunnies.  
  
STEP 6:  And just because I never know what to do with all my numbers that I always have left over on my sticker sheets -- Select a few 0's, 6’s, 9’s or 8's from a sheet of American Crafts Thickers and cut out the circle parts of the numbers and paint them with white acrylic paint.   Let them dry and then adhere them to the backside of the bunnies for tails as shown.
STEP 7:  String a piece of ribbon or string through the holes on the bunnies' ears and your banner is complete.  Note:  I used some May Arts paper raffia and tied the ribbon at each of the holes so it would prevent the bunnies from sliding around on the banner and possibly tearing the ears.



Hang your banner and enjoy!  Here is my bunny banner hanging on my office door.  I hope you try making one of these for yourself or make one to slip into someone’s Easter basket.

Supplies Used:
My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline, Fiddlesticks "Story" - Plaid Paper (Feb 2012 Kit)
My Mind's Ee Miss Caroline, Fiddlesticks "Home" - Dotted Paper (Feb 2012 Kit)
My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline, Fiddlesticks "You & Me" - Damask Paper (Feb 2012 Kit)
My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline, Fiddlesticks "You & Me" - Bloom Paper (Feb 2012 Kit)
Prima Paper Flowers (Feb 2012 Kit)
Tim Holtz Distressing Ink
Maya Arts Paper Raffia
Jute

 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a HAPPY EASTER!!

~ Sara ~

9 comments:

Angie said...

Sara that banner is adorable! My kids would love something like this. Thanks for posting the inspiration!

Julie said...

that banner is just the cutest...will have to make one. Thanks for sharing

Andrea Amu said...

This is A-dora-ble!

Scrappyjo said...

Very Cute Sara!!!! Love your idea of using up those Thickers!!!

Meg Giroux said...

This is so super cute!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely adorable! I definitely think I need to make one of these for next year.

Karen Letchworth said...

I know the banner to which you're referring, and YES, it was very inspirational. Yours turned out really cute as well.
Hugs,
Karen

Karen Letchworth said...

I know the banner to which you're referring, and YES, it was very inspirational. Yours turned out really cute as well.
Hugs,
Karen

Angela said...

This is adorable. Very fun idea!