Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Fun

TGIF!  I'm headed out on a scrappy retreat today, and working with this month's kit certainly had my scrappy mojo flowing...can't wait to keep creating!!  My Friday Fun tip for you this month is to pull some of the lesser colors out of the kit and highlight them with mists, inks or chalks!  I loved the subtle pink in my butterfly tags, and while I cut the butterflies out of the tags, I saved the bits to tuck uner the edges of my photo for little pops of color.  I used glimmer mist to alter the color of the Bo Bunny ribbon rose and those little touches added a nice romantic feel to the layout while adding a little color! I also misted the journaling tag that is tucked into the glassine bag behind the photo.  Another little tip- leave the bag end open so you can slide in and out your journaling...

14

I've seen some of the DT girls pulling the blues out of the kit in the same way...go check out their ideas in the DT Gallery, too!!  Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: