Saturday, August 17, 2013

6 photos? No problem!

Happy Saturday!  Lisa here, sharing another August kit layout with you.

Today I'm sharing a layout I created with 6 photos and lots of story to tell...the classic kind of event based scrapbooking that I usually dread because I dislike 2 page layouts.  This particular layout was about my daughter and niece's shared graduation party and I also wanted to include the invitation so I had my work cut out for me!  I ended up printing my photos all horizontally in wallet size and decided to create a little pocket with part of the invitation.  In the pocket are two journaling cards filled with the story and the rest of the invitation.  I love how lining up the wallets at the top left me room at the bottom for a large title and the journaling pocket.


Pop dots helped to lift the title off the page and move the eye through all the pictures.  The final touch for me was actually the quote at the bottom of the page.  "Out of all the moments in my life, the one's I've spent with you are my most favorite."  Because Maddie and Ilana are the same age, they not only started pre-school together (the front of the invitation had that photo of them) but they shared this party and so many other life events.  It was too perfect to not include.  I pretty much created the entire layout just so I could use that title in this way.  Sometimes the paper provides you with direction for the layout...and in this case, that was definitely true!!  Hope I've inspired you to try scrapping an event with many photos and journaling- on one page!!  Be sure to share your layout with us on our Facebook page if you do!

No comments: