Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August kit love...

I'm lovin' the August kit featuring the "What a Wonderful Day" line from Fancy Pants.  Not only is it wonderful for girlie layouts but it works great for boy layouts too! 

Today I'm sharing the first of my projects using the kit.  I wanted to give the following layout a vintage feel to match my photo as it was taken in Virginia City, Nevada--a historic mining town that we love to visit. I first started by adding a light coat of Mod Podge to random areas of the white card stock and then added Tim Holtz tissue paper and dried it carefully with my heat gun.  Once dry, I misted and splattered it to give it a nice texture.  The rest is just some fun layering with the Maya Road transparencies, and "Wonderful Day" stickers and ephemera.


I think what I love the most about this particular kit are the cork shapes and cork patterned paper.  It's so much fun! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit the store and pick up a kit today!

No comments: