Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Hi Sara here, I want to wish everyone a safe, relaxing and enjoyable Fourth of July.  I hope everyone takes a few minutes to remember all of our Mility men and women on this our Independence Day.

I created this 4th of July tag decoration using the July 2013 kit, a few of the July stamp kit extras, and items from my stash (star sequins, paper roses, mini paper clips and rhinestones).  It was very fun and easy to create, see directions below: 

 
 
1,  Cut 3 strips of cardstock measuring 3" X 8 1/2".  Trim off the top two corners of each strip to create tags.
2) Cover each of the tags with book paper.  Distress, ink the edges and punch a hole at the top.
3) Cut 3 strips of pattern paper 2 1/2" X 7",  round the corners.  Distress, ink the edges and adhere one strip to each of the tags as shown.
4) Stamp 3 doll images on white smooth cardstock and decorate each as desired. I stamped the doll images on different pattern paper prints, then fussy cut the outfits and paper pieced the outfits onto the dolls.  I colored the hair and skin with Prismacolor colored pencils.
5) Adhere the finished doll pieces to the front of the tags. 
6)  Decorate the tags as desired.
7) Attach the 3 tags together, using washi tape at the seams on the backside of the tags.
8) Cut a section of banner from "banners" paper and add alphabet stickers and attach to the tags as shown.
Enjoy!!

Note: The paper bows on the tops of the tags were made using a pattern I hand made, I will try to clean up the pattern and share it with you all soon.

No comments: