Thursday, May 3, 2012

Friday Fun!

Welcome to the first installment of a new feature on our blog- Friday Fun!!  We will be sharing tips and tricks, product inspiration, photo tips and MORE!  In honor of National Scrapbook Day, I thought it might be fun to share my scrap space, after all, it is my happy space, where I go to create...my ScrapLoft!

This loft is the space over my kitchen and overlooking my family room.  There are no doors and only three walls so even when I'm working I'm still part of the family "space" which I love (and sometimes don't, lol). On the back wall you can see my Expedit which stores our family albums from years 2004-2012.  (The albums from before that date- 1995-2003- are stored in another room.)   Below the albums are my papers stored alphabetically left to right by manufacturer.  The rows below that hold kits and papers and embellishments by theme.  Some of the cubbys are specific to one manufacturer because I may or may not hoard papers from them, lol.


I love all the natural light I get, the window behind my chair is facing East so I get lots of morning sun but it doesn't get too hot in there.  Below you can see my desk.  It's not often that you can actually "see" my desk, lol.  It's usually buried and half the time I 'm scrapping in my lap, but I made it pretty just for you.  To the left is my Making Memories Tool Caddy and to the right, behind my Ott Light, is my Tiered Spinner from Harbor Freight.  I LOVE that spinner.  It holds all my glimmer mists, my glitter glue, inks, glitter, a few of my most frequently used punches.  There are a couple little baskets with tags and things and all my twine. I have several drawers under my desk that hold my frequently used supplies like flowers, brads, alphas, pins as well as not so frequently used tools.

In this next picture, you see what I see when I'm sitting at my desk.  To the left of the shelves is a vintage post card rack I saved from a trash bin and refurbished.  I use it to hold mini books, extra photos and postcards.  On the shelves I have displayed some of my favorite mini books, my little TV, my printer and lots of storage for blank mini books, alterables, chipboard, my monthly kits and the kids school stuff.

Now you're looking at the far right corner of my ScrapLoft.  I use the top of the shelves for my Epic 6 and dies and some of my favorite wooden stamps and flowers. Underneath you can see my page protectors, some card making supplies and my misting box.

Here's the last look at my space.  This is the dresser behind my desk.  On top you can see the little spice rack that holds all my buttons in jars, a basket of embellishments, my sewing machine and the baskets behind that hold all my blings.  In the drawers, I have extra paints, my Xyron storage, my Bind it All storage, my fabric storage and my punch storage.  The dresser drawers work out GREAT to hold all this heavy stuff that I don't use all the time and I love that my sewing machine is all ready to go!  You can also see my larger flowers next to the dresser.

I hope you've enjoyed this tour through my ScrapLoft in our first installment of Friday Fun!  It's where I'll be creating tomorrow for National Scrapbook Day!  I also hope you'll join us here on the blog and in the Forum for our National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop and fun tomorrow!  

Lisa





7 comments:

Carla said...

Lisa, I love your room!! I wish I had my whole room but at least I have the biggest part. Your is so bright and cheery!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Scrappyjo said...

Wow what a beautiful space!! Love all the windows!!

Mary Jo said...

Such a beautiful space!! :)

lillesmor said...

That is such a fantastic place to create! Lucky you!!

karriecook said...

It's gorgeous, Lisa! I love that you have a separate room, yet still part of the family space.

m1ch3113lee said...

Your Scrappy space is so neat and awesome looking.

Tammy Wilson said...

Wow, your space is gorgeous...it should be in a magazine!