Thursday, November 15, 2012

November Mid Month DT Gallery Highlights




Just in time to play along with Tammy's "Scraplift the DT" challenge, I bring you the Mid Month DT Gallery Highlights as chosen by me, Lisa.  ;)  It's always a treat to see the different styles of each designer.  I can see a layout in the gallery and know right away who has designed it..I think I love that the best...there are so many different ways each kit can be used and our DT girls are the perfect example of that!

Soooo...first up, I give you Karrie's "footy pjs rock" layout!  I mean, really...how stinkin' cute is this??  Karrie, you crack me up!  I love how she clustered the tags on the right and even snuck in the little piece of washi tape used to close the embellie bag in the kit!  Just plain FUN!!

Footy PJs Rock

Next up, we have Meg's "Sisters are Forever" layout.  Leave it to Meg to create such a beautifully feminine layout...she is the queen of shabby chic and she pulled it off so perfectly on this layout...look at how she used the spools, the pins the misting on her letters!!!  All her layers are so fun and she even let this piece of paper do some of the work for her!  LOVE.

Sisters are Forever

Tammy...where do I start with the greatness that is this layout?  I absolutely LOVE the embellie cluster in the top left...the way she tucked the frame in there...and then, check out that title...adorable!!!  And don't let me ignore the "lazy" stitching...it really pulls the entire layout together...it's so easy to forget that something as simple as a black pen can make such an impact!
Ruby's Dress- November LRS Kit

Nikki...this girl has such a way with ink...whether it's the edges of the paper, the stamping on the actual layout or even in this case, the FLOWERS...I love how she uses INK. And again, that little pop of the washi tape...don't throw it away!!!
Delightful

And lastly, one more from me.  I did 4 layouts and card this month because I was so inspired by this kit...everything came together so effortlessly...so this one used the embellie add on.  I was so intrigued by the Prima DOORS...and this is what came of it...the hidden journaling behind the photo talks about how it doesn't matter what you wear as long as you wear a smile.  I think most teenage girls could be reminded of that, don't you?)  In the packing of the doors were cutable banners, so that is what you see at the bottom of the photo, from the packaging, as well as the tabs on the tags..and I misted my title with the new Heidi Swapp Peach mist which was the PERFECT match for these papers.  It's really glimmery in person. :)  

Never Fully Dressed

So there you have it, our mid month design highlights as chosen by me!!  Hope you like them and are as inspired as I was and that you'll play along with our "scraplift the DT" challenge HERE.  Have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Tammy Wilson said...

The LRS DT Rocks!! Love all of the projects!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Such fabulous layouts by the DT!! This kit is so beautiful and I'm having a ball working with it :) Thanks LRS!